BMX riders jump over children and teachers in stunt show at Hainault school
- Credit: Archant
This hair-raising stunt might look risky but the schoolchildren were in safe hands when a professional BMX team visited their Hainault school.
The stunt show, featuring UK champion rider Ben Savage, visited John Bramston Primary School, in Newcastle Avenue, on Wednesday to show the fun side of being on two wheels.
Professional stunt riders wowed the crowd of pupils with jumps, spins and flips over ramps in the school hall.
But safety was the order of the day and afterwards, the bikers answered questions on staying safe.
Year three pupil Cosmina Salomina said: “I really liked the show. My favourite move was when Ben Savage jumped over Mr Norris.
“It was very funny.”
Miguel Mane said it was “amazing” how Ben was inspired at a young age to become a champion.
- 1 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 7 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
- 8 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 9 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 10 Second Redbridge care home struck by fire caused by discarded cigarettes
The school is encouraging children to get onto two wheels with a Bikers’ Breakfast, bike club, BMX training sessions for children in Year Five and The Big Pedal competition earlier this year.