BMX riders jump over children and teachers in stunt show at Hainault school
- Credit: Archant
This hair-raising stunt might look risky but the schoolchildren were in safe hands when a professional BMX team visited their Hainault school.
The stunt show, featuring UK champion rider Ben Savage, visited John Bramston Primary School, in Newcastle Avenue, on Wednesday to show the fun side of being on two wheels.
Professional stunt riders wowed the crowd of pupils with jumps, spins and flips over ramps in the school hall.
But safety was the order of the day and afterwards, the bikers answered questions on staying safe.
Year three pupil Cosmina Salomina said: “I really liked the show. My favourite move was when Ben Savage jumped over Mr Norris.
You may also want to watch:
“It was very funny.”
Miguel Mane said it was “amazing” how Ben was inspired at a young age to become a champion.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
The school is encouraging children to get onto two wheels with a Bikers’ Breakfast, bike club, BMX training sessions for children in Year Five and The Big Pedal competition earlier this year.