BMX riders jump over children and teachers in stunt show at Hainault school
- Credit: Archant
This hair-raising stunt might look risky but the schoolchildren were in safe hands when a professional BMX team visited their Hainault school.
The stunt show, featuring UK champion rider Ben Savage, visited John Bramston Primary School, in Newcastle Avenue, on Wednesday to show the fun side of being on two wheels.
Professional stunt riders wowed the crowd of pupils with jumps, spins and flips over ramps in the school hall.
But safety was the order of the day and afterwards, the bikers answered questions on staying safe.
Year three pupil Cosmina Salomina said: “I really liked the show. My favourite move was when Ben Savage jumped over Mr Norris.
“It was very funny.”
Miguel Mane said it was “amazing” how Ben was inspired at a young age to become a champion.
- 1 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 2 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 3 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 4 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 5 Senior councillor: Boost high streets by scrapping business rates
- 6 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 9 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 10 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
The school is encouraging children to get onto two wheels with a Bikers’ Breakfast, bike club, BMX training sessions for children in Year Five and The Big Pedal competition earlier this year.