BMX riders jump over children and teachers in stunt show at Hainault school
- Credit: Archant
This hair-raising stunt might look risky but the schoolchildren were in safe hands when a professional BMX team visited their Hainault school.
The stunt show, featuring UK champion rider Ben Savage, visited John Bramston Primary School, in Newcastle Avenue, on Wednesday to show the fun side of being on two wheels.
Professional stunt riders wowed the crowd of pupils with jumps, spins and flips over ramps in the school hall.
But safety was the order of the day and afterwards, the bikers answered questions on staying safe.
Year three pupil Cosmina Salomina said: “I really liked the show. My favourite move was when Ben Savage jumped over Mr Norris.
You may also want to watch:
“It was very funny.”
Miguel Mane said it was “amazing” how Ben was inspired at a young age to become a champion.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
The school is encouraging children to get onto two wheels with a Bikers’ Breakfast, bike club, BMX training sessions for children in Year Five and The Big Pedal competition earlier this year.