Birthday bash to remember at Redbridge Museum
MORE THAN 100 children took part in a birthday party to remember when Redbridge Museum celebrated its 10th anniversary.
Cake, presents and good old-fashioned fun were on the menu during the bash at the museum in Ilford Central Library, Clements Road, Ilford, yesterday.
Youngsters made hats and bunting before joining in with games and entertainment.
Valerie Brydson, who brought her daughter Sancia to the event, said: “I think it’s a very good museum, there’s always activities going on here.
“Today has been wonderful, it’s like a typical birthday, it’s really good fun.”
You may also want to watch:
Party-goer Farzana Chowdhury said: “It’s a great Museum, it’s nice to have somewhere central to the community for everyone to get involved. The children have really enjoyed the party.”
To mark its 10 year anniversary, a selection of 10 objects from the museum’s collections will be touring the borough in 2011.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford