GCSE results day 2021: Beal pupils 'a credit to the community' says head
- Credit: Beal High School
Pupils at Beal High School are celebrating after receiving their GCSE results today (Aug 12).
All 354 of the year 11 cohort at the academy on Woodford Bridge Road, Ilford, will progress onto post-16 education, with 93 per cent of the school’s pupils heading to Beal Sixth Form.
Rob Laird, Head of School, Key Stage 4, said: “We are immensely proud of our Year 11 Students. Their achievements are fantastic and thoroughly deserved.
“Our students have worked hard and demonstrated resilience throughout this challenging year.
“Our teachers and support staff have worked tirelessly ensuring all students are able to progress into post 16 education.
You may also want to watch:
“These outcomes are a credit to our students, their families and our whole school community."
Niyanta Barot, Parveen Dhaliwal, Atcheya Thiyagarajah, Zaeem Gandhi and Ledion Gjocaji achieved a grade 9 in at least 7 of their subjects.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 3 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 4 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 5 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 7 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 8 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 9 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station