A Level results 2021: Three-quarters of Beal pupils get into first choice university
- Credit: Beal High School
More than three-quarters of pupils at Beal Sixth Form (BSF) gained places at their first choice university after receiving their A Level and BTEC results yesterday.
From a cohort of 395 pupils split across two campuses, one in four achieved places at elite Russell Group universities, while six will be heading off to medical school.
Ed MacLeod, vice principal of BSF, said: “We are immensely proud of all the work and achievements of our students, especially after such a challenging year.
“Our teachers and support staff have worked tirelessly to ensure students are all able to progress onto further education.
"These outcomes are a credit to our students, their families and our whole school community."
Among those celebrating their grades was Adeel Ali, at the Beal campus in Woodford Bridge, who will be studying mathematics at Imperial College, London, after achieving four A* grades.
At the Forest Academy campus in Hainault, deputy head student Holly Mulroy is reconsidering her university choices after receiving exceptional grades – A* in biology, A* in sociology, and A in psychology.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 3 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 4 Update: Sixth arrest following killing of Michael Ugwa
- 5 Commission ends safeguarding probe into charity
- 6 Lightbulb likely cause of Khartoum Road house fire
- 7 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 9 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills