Barkingside school used as location for CBeebies children’s show
Young television viewers may notice familiar sights in a children’s television show that was filmed in Barkingside.
Fullwood Primary School, in Burford Close, was the location for two episodes of CBeebies’ I Can Cook – On The Go.
Crews filmed the programme for little chefs in August on the school’s field, in the courtyard and using some of the classrooms.
The series tours around the country helping children create healthy snacks with songs and games.
Fullwood Primary School features in next Monday’s episode making fruit fingers and next Friday’s episode featuring a fruit drink and mini sports day.
Penny Martin, associate headteacher, said: “It’s nice that our lovely grounds should be featured on the telly.
“I’m sure people who know the area will recognise it.”
- 1 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 2 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Labour wins Mayfield seats in delayed election
- 5 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 6 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
- 9 Redbridge poetry group appeals for new members after pandemic pause
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
None of the children taking part in the programmes were from Fullwood Primary.