Barkingside school used as location for CBeebies children’s show
Young television viewers may notice familiar sights in a children’s television show that was filmed in Barkingside.
Fullwood Primary School, in Burford Close, was the location for two episodes of CBeebies’ I Can Cook – On The Go.
Crews filmed the programme for little chefs in August on the school’s field, in the courtyard and using some of the classrooms.
The series tours around the country helping children create healthy snacks with songs and games.
Fullwood Primary School features in next Monday’s episode making fruit fingers and next Friday’s episode featuring a fruit drink and mini sports day.
You may also want to watch:
Penny Martin, associate headteacher, said: “It’s nice that our lovely grounds should be featured on the telly.
“I’m sure people who know the area will recognise it.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 7 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 8 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 9 Redbridge ranked second most hygienic London borough for nightlife
- 10 Nine in ten Redbridge women report being subject to street harassment
None of the children taking part in the programmes were from Fullwood Primary.