Barkingside primary school “thrilled” with Ofsted report
A school is “thrilled” to have received a glowing Ofsted report which commented that pupils were taught how to be “self confident learners”.
Staff, governors and parents from Clore Tikva Primary, Fullwell Avenue, were delighted by the positive Ofsted report published last week, which saw the school receive a “good school” status.
The successful drive for improvement, spearheaded by the leadership team, was clearly acknowledged during the inspection, which identified that “pupils make good progress and achieve well”.
Lenna Rosenberg, who has been headteacher for over 10 years, said: “We were thrilled that the inspectors recognised the improvements in the quality of teaching, in particular the high level of excitement and engagement in lessons.
“There has been a considerable focus on the use of assessment and target setting by all staff and this has had a very positive impact on standards.”
You may also want to watch:
Inspectors commented that pupils are given a chance to be independent, self confident learners with access to an increasingly creative curriculum.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman