Applications open for 2022/23 school places in Redbridge
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The admissions process is now open for places at Redbridge schools for the 2022/23 academic year.
Applications opened today (September 1) and parents and carers can now apply online via the council’s website.
The deadline for secondary school admission applications is Sunday, October 3, while applications for a place at primary school, or for a transfer from infants to juniors, must be received by Saturday, January 15 2022.
The council said parents of children currently in Year 2 in an infant school will need to apply for a Year 3 place in a junior or primary school, as children do not automatically transfer.
Parents are able to name six preferred schools when making the application.
Cllr Elaine Norman, cabinet member for children and young people, said: “Competition can be fierce for places in our schools so I would urge parents to start thinking about their school choices as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“If they don’t get their application completed before the deadline and let the council know their six preferred schools, there is a possibility they won’t get a place at a school they really want their child to attend.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 5 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 9 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines