Amateur filmmakers showing finest work in Woodford showcase
Amateur filmmakers are putting on a show of their finest work in Woodford tomorrow evening.
The Wanstead and Woodford Cine and Video Club are holding their annual Movie Night to showcase members’ new films.
They focus on drama, comedy, history and action, including a thrilling white water rafting experience and tour of famous London monuments.
Club member Frederick Aiano is showing his film of a short play, Shopping Folley.
He said: “The quality of the films is very, very good and some members are semi-professional.
“I’m always impressed by the work on show and it takes hours and hours for people to shoot and edit films to get them just right.”
The Movie Night will be held in the meeting room at St Paul’s Church, Chigwell Road, Woodford Bridge.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 3 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 8 Two more men charged with murder after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Trial of trio accused of Loxford killing set for January
Screenings start at 8pm and tickets are �5 including light refreshments.
Pay at the door or book in advance by calling 020 8504 2433.
The club has been running for 75 years and new members are welcome.