All aboard the book bus! Redbridge Central Library brings literature to children
- Credit: Archant
Little story lovers paused their playground games to catch a bus full of books.
The mobile library stopped by the play area in Valentines Park, Ilford, and opened it doors to young readers.
Lined with stacked shelves and boxes, the interior of the bus held a selection of books from Redbridge Central library, Clements road.
Children could choose their own literary adventure to read and enjoy it in the park grounds.
From factual non-fiction, to poetry and creative prose, there was a wide collection of books ensuing children could find something they like, and even delve in to pages new.
You may also want to watch:
The mobile library stops in locations all over the borough to inspire a love of reading and to connect with people who find it harder to get to a library.
They have copies of adult and junior books, compact discs, talking books and DVDs available to lend to library card holders.
- 1 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 7 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
The vehicle has disabled access and is also available for promotional visits to schools, nurseries and residential homes.
For a bus stop timetable visit: bit.ly/1Nd1CAD or for more information call: 020 8708 2414.