All aboard the book bus! Redbridge Central Library brings literature to children
- Credit: Archant
Little story lovers paused their playground games to catch a bus full of books.
The mobile library stopped by the play area in Valentines Park, Ilford, and opened it doors to young readers.
Lined with stacked shelves and boxes, the interior of the bus held a selection of books from Redbridge Central library, Clements road.
Children could choose their own literary adventure to read and enjoy it in the park grounds.
From factual non-fiction, to poetry and creative prose, there was a wide collection of books ensuing children could find something they like, and even delve in to pages new.
You may also want to watch:
The mobile library stops in locations all over the borough to inspire a love of reading and to connect with people who find it harder to get to a library.
They have copies of adult and junior books, compact discs, talking books and DVDs available to lend to library card holders.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 6 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 10 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
The vehicle has disabled access and is also available for promotional visits to schools, nurseries and residential homes.
For a bus stop timetable visit: bit.ly/1Nd1CAD or for more information call: 020 8708 2414.