All aboard the book bus! Redbridge Central Library brings literature to children
- Credit: Archant
Little story lovers paused their playground games to catch a bus full of books.
The mobile library stopped by the play area in Valentines Park, Ilford, and opened it doors to young readers.
Lined with stacked shelves and boxes, the interior of the bus held a selection of books from Redbridge Central library, Clements road.
Children could choose their own literary adventure to read and enjoy it in the park grounds.
From factual non-fiction, to poetry and creative prose, there was a wide collection of books ensuing children could find something they like, and even delve in to pages new.
The mobile library stops in locations all over the borough to inspire a love of reading and to connect with people who find it harder to get to a library.
They have copies of adult and junior books, compact discs, talking books and DVDs available to lend to library card holders.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 3 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 8 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
- 9 Two more men charged with murder after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 10 Trust admits 'still more to do' despite diagnostic imaging improvements
The vehicle has disabled access and is also available for promotional visits to schools, nurseries and residential homes.
For a bus stop timetable visit: bit.ly/1Nd1CAD or for more information call: 020 8708 2414.