All aboard the book bus! Redbridge Central Library brings literature to children
- Credit: Archant
Little story lovers paused their playground games to catch a bus full of books.
The mobile library stopped by the play area in Valentines Park, Ilford, and opened it doors to young readers.
Lined with stacked shelves and boxes, the interior of the bus held a selection of books from Redbridge Central library, Clements road.
Children could choose their own literary adventure to read and enjoy it in the park grounds.
From factual non-fiction, to poetry and creative prose, there was a wide collection of books ensuing children could find something they like, and even delve in to pages new.
You may also want to watch:
The mobile library stops in locations all over the borough to inspire a love of reading and to connect with people who find it harder to get to a library.
They have copies of adult and junior books, compact discs, talking books and DVDs available to lend to library card holders.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
The vehicle has disabled access and is also available for promotional visits to schools, nurseries and residential homes.
For a bus stop timetable visit: bit.ly/1Nd1CAD or for more information call: 020 8708 2414.