The East London Football Podcast
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
West Ham United can rest up this weekend with no scheduled Premier League game owing to the international break.
That grants boss Manuel Pellegrini more time to reflect on a disappointing 1-1 draw for the Hammers at struggling Huddersfield Town last Saturday.
Leyton Orient, meanwhile, are back in action on Saturday when they entertain Bromley in the Vanarama National League.
After Justin Edinburgh’s side were knocked out of the FA Cup earlier in the season, it meant the O’s were without a game last Saturday.
Like Orient, divisional rivals Dagenham & Redbridge are also back on the pitch this weekend when they play host to promotion chasing Fylde.
You may also want to watch:
Much like their east London rivals, Daggers’ early FA Cup exit ensured there was no game for Peter Taylor’s men last Saturday.
All this, plus the latest from the Bostik Premier and below, is discussed on this week’s East London Football podcast.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 4 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 8 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
- 9 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 10 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
Host Matt Withers is joined by Dave Evans, George Sessions, Ned Keating and Jacob Ranson to reflect on another week in east London football.