Duchess of Gloucester cancels visit to Woodford Green hospice after husband ‘taken temporarily unwell’
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The Duchess of Gloucester has pulled out of a visit to a Woodford Green children’s hospice today, after the Duke of Gloucester was “taken temporarily unwell”.
Birgitte Eva is said to be “disappointed” to be unable to attend a tour of Haven House, in High Road, to mark the hospice’s tenth anniversary.
Amy Winehouse’s father, Mitch, will be in attendance at the event alongside mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Felicity Banks.
A spokesman for Buckingham Palace said: “The Duke of Gloucester has been taken temporarily unwell and in view of the situation The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester have been advised to cancel their engagements today.
“The Duchess is naturally disappointed not to be able to visit Haven House, and hopes to be able to rearrange a future visit in due course.”
You may also want to watch:
Since 2003, the hospice have been supporting children with life-limiting illnesses and their families from across north and east London and west Essex.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 6 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 7 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August