Duchess of Gloucester cancels visit to Woodford Green hospice after husband ‘taken temporarily unwell’
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The Duchess of Gloucester has pulled out of a visit to a Woodford Green children’s hospice today, after the Duke of Gloucester was “taken temporarily unwell”.
Birgitte Eva is said to be “disappointed” to be unable to attend a tour of Haven House, in High Road, to mark the hospice’s tenth anniversary.
Amy Winehouse’s father, Mitch, will be in attendance at the event alongside mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Felicity Banks.
A spokesman for Buckingham Palace said: “The Duke of Gloucester has been taken temporarily unwell and in view of the situation The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester have been advised to cancel their engagements today.
“The Duchess is naturally disappointed not to be able to visit Haven House, and hopes to be able to rearrange a future visit in due course.”
You may also want to watch:
Since 2003, the hospice have been supporting children with life-limiting illnesses and their families from across north and east London and west Essex.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 5 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion