Driver flees scene of Wanstead crash that left two injured
- Credit: Archant
Two people suffered injuries in an early morning car crash in Wanstead yesterday (Sunday, February 23) that saw the driver of one vehicle flee the scene before police arrived.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman confirmed officers were called at 00.32am on Sunday, February 23 to reports of a collision between two cars in Cambridge Park Road.
She added: "The driver and passenger of one of the vehicles suffered minor injuries.
"The driver of the second car decamped from the scene.
"No arrests have been made; enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade confirmed that firefighters from Woodford Fire Station had been called to the incident to help free a woman and they had been made aware that the driver of the second vehicle had fled the scene before emergency services arrived.
An LFB spokeswoman added: "We were called at 00.45am to Cambridge Park, Wanstead to reports of two vehicles in collision.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 3 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 9 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
"Our crews released one woman who had become trapped in her vehicle and left her in the care of London Ambulance Service paramedics.
"The incident was declared over for us at 1.35am and two fire engines from Leytonstone and Woodford attended."