Driver flees after car takes out two sets of traffic lights and lands on its roof in Goodmayes
A driver fled from his car after it took out two sets of traffic lights and landed on its roof overnight.
The Toyota Land Cruiser was travelling London-bound on the A12 Eastern Avenue, Goodmayes, at around 2am when it wiped out a set of traffic lights, skewed across to the other side of the road, and struck another set of traffic lights.
When police and firefighters arrived at the scene, at the A12’s junction with Barley Lane, they found the car on its roof but no one inside.
No other car appeared to have been involved in the accident.
Ilford Fire Station watch manager Mark Mills said: “I’d remind people to drive carefully but also be aware that there are lots of other people on the roads that do not drive carefully.
You may also want to watch:
“Be vigilant of crossing at junctions and don’t take things for granted.”
He added: “If the accident had happened at another time of day, the outcome could have been very different.”
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
The section of road where the accident happened was closed at 2.30am and reopened to traffic about two hours later.
Did you witness the accident or its aftermath? Contact the newsdesk on 020 8477 3806, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.