Driver escapes from overturned car in Ilford crash without life-threatening injuries
A driver escaped without life-threatening injuries after his car overturned in a crash in Ilford on Saturday.
The man, in his 30s, was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel by ambulance after the accident in Ilford Hill, near the junction with Romford Road, at 1.30pm.
A London Ambulance spokesman said he had a back injury.
Police closed the road while emergency services dealt with the incident and drivers reported heavy traffic in High Road and the A406.
Keeley Winter, who saw the wreckage after the crash, said: “It had completely flipped over, also looked as if two other cars were involved.”
You may also want to watch:
The road reopened by 5pm.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts