Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- Credit: Google
The driver of a car which crashed into an Ilford shopfront has died in hospital.
Police were called to the crash in Cranbrook Road by the London Ambulance Service (LAS) at 4.45am on Sunday, September 12.
Two men in the car were taken to hospital.
The driver suffered “life-threatening” injuries and was taken to hospital in a critical condition.
A Met spokesperson said that he died of his injuries last night, September 14.
His next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
“The passenger’s condition was not life-threatening,” the spokesperson added.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 5 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 8 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford