Dream Factory children enjoy Redbridge mayor’s charity panto
DREAMS came true for youngsters invited to a glittering mayor’s panto show on Sunday.
The annual event sees mayors from all over London invited to a special panto performance at the Kenneth More Theatre, Oakfield Road, Ilford.
It was attended by several children from The Dream Factory and guests from The Alzeimer’s Society Redbridge, the chosen charities of Mayor Cllr Jim O’Shea.
They included Isaac Harvey, 15, from Ilford, who enjoyed the pre-show party at Redbridge Town Hall along with mayors from 18 boroughs and their guests.
After the party, guests went to the theatre before joining in with the booing, hissing and cheering as the KMT cast brought them the fairy-tale story of Sleeping Beauty.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr O’Shea said: “We were particularly pleased to welcome some of the children from the Dream Factory and it was good to see so many enjoying themselves.
“We would like to thank the Kenneth More Theatre for providing us with such a wonderful afternoon of entertainment and, in true pantomime style, the audience were kept spellbound and enthralled throughout.”
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 9 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab