Downshall Primary School celebrates opening of ‘sensational’ extension
- Credit: Archant
A school has celebrated the opening of a new building.
Downshall Primary School, in Meads Lane, Seven Kings, has been transformed with an extension built south of the original building where Year 5 and 6 pupils are taught.
Celebrations took place throughout the day with arts and crafts, raffles, cupcake decorating and face-painting.
Cllr Felicity Banks, Redbridge Mayor, cut the ribbon declaring the wing officially open.
The wing contains the latest technology with iPads, touchscreens and laptops inside the classrooms
You may also want to watch:
It will now also become the home of the school’s new drama studio.
Pupil Samah Chowdhury said: “When I first stepped into the new building, I thought it was truly sensational.”
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved