Double departure at Orient
- Credit: Archant
Ben Chorley and Michael Symes exit Brisbane Road
Defender Ben Chorley has moved from Leyton Orient to League One rivals Stevenage with immediate effect, meanwhile striker Michael Symes has joined Burton Albion on loan.
Symes has found chances hard to come by at the O’s this season and has moved to the League Two club until the end of the campaign.
The departure of Chorley is something of a surprise though, with the central defender having worn the captain’s armband recently.
The 30-year-old had made 159 appearances for the O’s but has signed a two and a half year contract with Boro.
You may also want to watch:
Orient manager Russell Slade explained: “Ben has been a great servant to the football club and we thank him for all his efforts in an Orient shirt.
“He’s at an age where he has to consider longevity and we were not in a position to offer him what Stevenage have. The entire process was handled very professionally and amicably and we wish him all the best.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 4 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 5 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 8 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 9 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation