‘Don’t travel unless necessary’ between Gidea Park and Liverpool Street says Greater Anglia following rail death at Brentwood
- Credit: Archant
Commuters are being urged to avoid travelling by train between Gidea Park and Liverpool Street stations following a death on the tracks this morning.
Greater Anglia tweeted at 8.46am: “Customers are asked NOT to travel unless your journey is absolutely necessary. Very limited service running Gidea P-London.”
Stations affected by the incident include Liverpool Street, Stratford, Maryland, Forest Gate, Manor Park, Ilford, Seven Kings, Chadwell Heath, Romford and Gidea Park.
A person is reportedy blocking the tracks at Brentwood.
The train provider is tweeting customers it “can’t run anything until the line is given back to us by the emergency services”.
Tickets are valid on bus and Underground routes.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 4 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 7 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 10 Waiting almost over as business award winners to be revealed