Dog walker fined £650 for not picking up poo in Valentines Park
- Credit: Archant
A dog walker who refused to pick up his pet’s poo has had to pay a staggering £650 fine after falling foul of the law.
Shazad Gulzar, 21, ended up with the phenomenal bill because he failed to pay the original penalty.
A community police team officer spotted him leaving his dog’s mess in Valentines Park, Ilford, in July.
It is an offence not to pick it up in roads, pathways and parks in Redbridge, punishable by an £80 fine.
But when Gulzar, of Headley Drive, Gants Hill, refused to pay up, the costs rapidly escalated.
You may also want to watch:
He did not turn up to his hearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on February 21 and the offence was proved in his absence.
A judge ordered him to pay an £150 fine, £20 victim surcharge and £480 to Redbridge Council to cover their legal costs within 28 days.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
Do you think fining people for dog fouling is barking mad or justified? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, tweeting @IlfordRecorder or commenting below.