Dog walker facing �1,100 parking bill after Hainault park season tickets scrapped
An unhappy resident will face paying hundreds of pounds extra for car parking after season tickets were scrapped at a country park.
Michael Trump, of Anne Way, Hainault, uses Hainault Forest Country Park, Romford Road, Hainault every day to walk his dog and he previously campaigned to see the season tickets introduced.
He said: “Five years ago I sent hundreds of letters out to MPs and the council in the hope of getting season parking introduced. At first I wasn’t happy about paying to use a public space but I went with it once I could buy a season pass for �110.
“Now I face a bill of �1,100 a year if I want to walk my dog there. After visiting daily for 17 years I think this is crazy.
“Other council’s offer the ticket and now a number of people tell me they can’t afford to visit. I think its totally wrong”
You may also want to watch:
A council spokesman said: “Vision RCL stopped issuing car parking season tickets at Hainault Forest Country Park while it looked at the feasibility of introducing car parking season tickets across all parks.
“These discussions are currently ongoing.”
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation