Doctors and dentists urgently needed by Ilford’s Salvation Army
Doctors and dentists are urgently needed to help some of the most vulnerable people in our borough.
The Salvation Army is appealing for anyone who has a few hours to spare to help rough sleepers staying at their winter night shelter.
The shelter, in Clements Road, Ilford, opened yesterday and organisers said although they have had hundreds of people volunteer, but they desperately need doctors and dentists.
Naomi Clifton said: “Life on the streets really takes its toll on the body but it can be difficult to access services when you don’t have a stable place to rest your head.
“While our guests are staying at the shelter they are better rested and more able to make good decisions about their health.”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to volunteer, even for a few hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit