Doctors and dentists urgently needed by Ilford’s Salvation Army
Doctors and dentists are urgently needed to help some of the most vulnerable people in our borough.
The Salvation Army is appealing for anyone who has a few hours to spare to help rough sleepers staying at their winter night shelter.
The shelter, in Clements Road, Ilford, opened yesterday and organisers said although they have had hundreds of people volunteer, but they desperately need doctors and dentists.
Naomi Clifton said: “Life on the streets really takes its toll on the body but it can be difficult to access services when you don’t have a stable place to rest your head.
“While our guests are staying at the shelter they are better rested and more able to make good decisions about their health.”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to volunteer, even for a few hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague