Ilford pensioner who went on holiday to Devon and never came back, selling six bed home for £250,000
- Credit: Archant
Would you like to buy a six-bedroom Victorian terrace for £250,000?
A couple who were born in the borough want to downsize and are offering readers the chance to purchase their property.
The only catch is that the home is more than 250 miles away from Ilford in Ilfracombe, North Devon - but it has got sea views and the towns do start with the same first three letters.
David Beagley, 81, got in touch with the Recorder after seeing how high property prices were in Redbridge.
He thought readers might like to trade in a life of city living, for the peace, tranquillity and beautiful scenery in Devon.
You may also want to watch:
“We came down to Ilfracombe on holiday and liked what we saw and stayed,” he said.
“But now we are in our 80s, with two children and five grandchildren, the house is too big and we want to downsize.
- 1 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 4 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 5 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 6 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 9 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
“We have fond memories of Ilford and, to keep continuing a bit of Ilford in Ilfracombe, we are offering residents the opportunity to buy our home for £250,000.”
David met his wife in St Mary’s Church, Ilford when they were 16 - he was in the choir and she was a girl guide.
“She sat in the front row and we just looked at each other,” he added.
The pair got married at the church in the 1960s and lived in Newbury Park and Ilford.
“Our Victorian house is in immaculate condition with double glazing, central heating and parking front and rear,” he said.
“There is a bathroom, shower room and three toilets, as well as a modern kitchen and it is much cheaper than in your area.
“We also have wonderful views overlooking a small town and out to sea.
“It would be lovely if one of your readers would like to come to live in our house which is beautiful.”
This story started with a pair of pensioners who went on holiday on Devon and never came back, but could it end with you? If you are interested in viewing the home, or for more information contact David on 07513229901 *Please not the property is in Devon