Do you know this man? Passenger attacks bus driver after being woken up in Hainault
- Credit: Archant
A bus driver was assaulted after reaching the end of his route by a man who he had woken up.
The incident occurred on Saturday February 2 at about 4.45am on the N8 route when the bus was at the bus stand in Manford Way, Hainault.
The driver checked the bus, which was just about to go out of service, and woke up a remaining passenger who had fallen asleep and told him to board the next bus.
After the suspect missed the bus, he returned and attacked the driver by punching and kicking him.
The driver had injuries to his face and was taken by ambulance to hospital where he was treated for a bruised and cut lip.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as an Asian male with a bushy beard and was wearing a grey woolly hat.
Anyone with information is urged to contact 020 3054 5409 or, if you wish to remain anonymous, Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 5 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November