Do you know this man? Passenger attacks bus driver after being woken up in Hainault
- Credit: Archant
A bus driver was assaulted after reaching the end of his route by a man who he had woken up.
The incident occurred on Saturday February 2 at about 4.45am on the N8 route when the bus was at the bus stand in Manford Way, Hainault.
The driver checked the bus, which was just about to go out of service, and woke up a remaining passenger who had fallen asleep and told him to board the next bus.
After the suspect missed the bus, he returned and attacked the driver by punching and kicking him.
The driver had injuries to his face and was taken by ambulance to hospital where he was treated for a bruised and cut lip.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as an Asian male with a bushy beard and was wearing a grey woolly hat.
Anyone with information is urged to contact 020 3054 5409 or, if you wish to remain anonymous, Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Plot holders 'not convinced' by reassurances over allotments takeover plan
- 10 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle