Diamond Jubilee: Street party time as more than 30 are held across Redbridge today
It’s the busiest day for street parties in Redbridge this Diamond Jubilee weekend, with more than 30 being held across the borough.
The sun is out and residents are out in force as they celebrate the Queen’s 60 years on the throne.
In Pelham Road, South Woodford, the street party has proved so successful organiser Christina Manny says residents are looking at holding one every year.
There have also been fun and games in Hertford Road, Newbury Park where children are searching for prizes under seats.
The winner gets the chance to delivers a custard pie to an unlucky resident.
You may also want to watch:
There are also street parties being held today in Dudley Road, Ilford; Flora Gardens, Chadwell Heath; Kensington Drive, Woodford Green and Lichen Court, Barkingside.
A number of parties will also be held tomorrow as the extended Diamond Jubilee weekend comes to a close.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 8 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
If you have pictures of your own, or a Jubilee story to tell, post them to london.iwitness24.co.uk, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.