Diamond Jubilee: Street party time as more than 30 are held across Redbridge today
It’s the busiest day for street parties in Redbridge this Diamond Jubilee weekend, with more than 30 being held across the borough.
The sun is out and residents are out in force as they celebrate the Queen’s 60 years on the throne.
In Pelham Road, South Woodford, the street party has proved so successful organiser Christina Manny says residents are looking at holding one every year.
There have also been fun and games in Hertford Road, Newbury Park where children are searching for prizes under seats.
The winner gets the chance to delivers a custard pie to an unlucky resident.
You may also want to watch:
There are also street parties being held today in Dudley Road, Ilford; Flora Gardens, Chadwell Heath; Kensington Drive, Woodford Green and Lichen Court, Barkingside.
A number of parties will also be held tomorrow as the extended Diamond Jubilee weekend comes to a close.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
If you have pictures of your own, or a Jubilee story to tell, post them to london.iwitness24.co.uk, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.