Diamond Jubilee: Second time lucky for South Woodford street party
It was second time lucky for one street who were determined to all come together to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee.
Children and adults in Woodville Road, South Woodford came out in large numbers to enjoy the party and indulge in some jelly and ice-cream.
A number of gazebos were erected to help residents shelter from the rain yesterday and a raffle was organised to raise money for Oakdale Junior School’s swimming pool.
Organiser Lisa Baker said: “I am really happy I decided to organise a party and I really appreciate everyone for coming and bringing so much food.
“Last year we tried to organise a party for the Royal Wedding but we started a little late so the street were determined this time to bring everyone together and organise a raffle to help raise money for Oakdale School.”
You may also want to watch:
Resident Grace Brewer, 32, added: “All the children are sick of hearing about the party planning but it is great that it all came together. Even the people who couldn’t make it have donated to the raffle.”
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 9 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford