Diamond Jubilee: Second time lucky for South Woodford street party
It was second time lucky for one street who were determined to all come together to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee.
Children and adults in Woodville Road, South Woodford came out in large numbers to enjoy the party and indulge in some jelly and ice-cream.
A number of gazebos were erected to help residents shelter from the rain yesterday and a raffle was organised to raise money for Oakdale Junior School’s swimming pool.
Organiser Lisa Baker said: “I am really happy I decided to organise a party and I really appreciate everyone for coming and bringing so much food.
“Last year we tried to organise a party for the Royal Wedding but we started a little late so the street were determined this time to bring everyone together and organise a raffle to help raise money for Oakdale School.”
You may also want to watch:
Resident Grace Brewer, 32, added: “All the children are sick of hearing about the party planning but it is great that it all came together. Even the people who couldn’t make it have donated to the raffle.”
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder