Plans submitted to demolish Gants Hill pub The Valentine and build 10 storeys of student housing
- Credit: Archant
Developers have submitted an application to demolish a former pub in Gants Hill and build a 10-storey block of student accommodation.
Applicant Mr Tide Construction Limited has applied to knock down The Valentine, Perth Road and erect 321 student rooms and associated communal facilities.
In the design statement, the applicant said the former public house has been vacant since 2017 and its location as a "prominent vacant building has attracted people to occupy it on an unlawful basis".
"Despite the site being behind hoarding and the building being boarded up, there have been a number of incursions from travellers and from trespassers with the police having to get involved on a frequent basis," it said.
"Tide has instructed Embassy Demolition Contractors Ltd (EDC) to prepare a detailed Demolition Management Plan which is submitted with this application."
You may also want to watch:
If the plans are given the green light, it will take 70 tipper truck loads and 45 wheeled tipper loads to remove the debris.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club