‘Deliberate’ fire above Ilford pub
A blaze started above a pub in Ilford last night which firefighters said was “deliberate”.
The emergency services were called to The Black Horse in Chapel Road at about 3.30am.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: “When we turned up someone outside said they had heard screams but there was no one in there.
“The fire was on the second floor and four pumps attended the scene.
“The premises was unoccupied but we found a bed and television in one of the rooms and it looked like someone had been sleeping in there.
You may also want to watch:
“We are presuming it was deliberate.”
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 3 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space