‘Deliberate’ fire above Ilford pub
A blaze started above a pub in Ilford last night which firefighters said was “deliberate”.
The emergency services were called to The Black Horse in Chapel Road at about 3.30am.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: “When we turned up someone outside said they had heard screams but there was no one in there.
“The fire was on the second floor and four pumps attended the scene.
“The premises was unoccupied but we found a bed and television in one of the rooms and it looked like someone had been sleeping in there.
You may also want to watch:
“We are presuming it was deliberate.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 5 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole