‘Deliberate’ fire above Ilford pub
A blaze started above a pub in Ilford last night which firefighters said was “deliberate”.
The emergency services were called to The Black Horse in Chapel Road at about 3.30am.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: “When we turned up someone outside said they had heard screams but there was no one in there.
“The fire was on the second floor and four pumps attended the scene.
“The premises was unoccupied but we found a bed and television in one of the rooms and it looked like someone had been sleeping in there.
You may also want to watch:
“We are presuming it was deliberate.”
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP