Delays on trains between London Liverpool Street and Shenfield expected until 9am
Train services between London Liverpool Street and Shenfield through Ilford and Romford could be cancelled and delayed until 9am this morning (Tuesday July 1).
Abellio Greater Anglia train users could face delays following a train fault at Seven Kings just before 6.30am.
A statement posted on the provider’s website earlier said: “The 06:24 Shenfield - Liverpool Street service developed a fault whilst en route to Liverpool Street.
“Due to this, the train was taken out of service at Seven King’s and put away into the depot.
“As a result, the 07:59 Gidea Park - Liverpool Street & 09:00 Ilford - Liverpool Street services are cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
“Train services behind have been delayed whist passengers were taken off the defective train which has caused some delays of around 10 minutes.
“Some other services may be cancelled, or run with reduced stops to aid with restoring the train service to normal.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
“All trains are now on the move.
“We thank you for your patience and understanding whilst this defective train has been removed from service.”