Decorating doughnuts, magic tricks and musical playtime make up Chanukah in Chigwell
Decorating donuts, magic tricks and musical playtime all made up a celebration of Chanukah at one synagogue in Chigwell.
Chigwell and Hainault Synagogue, Limes Avenue rounded off the party with candle-lighting and singing led by Rabbi Meir Shindler.
Mr Shindler said: “It was wonderful to see so many children from our community having a marvellous time, and there is such an amazing atmosphere. We wanted to cater for all ages and had a fantastic turnout.”
Chanukah is an eight day Jewish festival which means Festival of Lights and celebrated the rededication of the Holy temple in Jerusalem.
Children decorated their own donuts helped by 16-year-old Mia Sands who said: “I don’t know who was enjoying themselves the most with all the different-coloured icing - us or the children.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 100 children joined the party complete with its own entertainer Professor Palmermoff who led activities for the children.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts