Decorating doughnuts, magic tricks and musical playtime make up Chanukah in Chigwell
Decorating donuts, magic tricks and musical playtime all made up a celebration of Chanukah at one synagogue in Chigwell.
Chigwell and Hainault Synagogue, Limes Avenue rounded off the party with candle-lighting and singing led by Rabbi Meir Shindler.
Mr Shindler said: “It was wonderful to see so many children from our community having a marvellous time, and there is such an amazing atmosphere. We wanted to cater for all ages and had a fantastic turnout.”
Chanukah is an eight day Jewish festival which means Festival of Lights and celebrated the rededication of the Holy temple in Jerusalem.
Children decorated their own donuts helped by 16-year-old Mia Sands who said: “I don’t know who was enjoying themselves the most with all the different-coloured icing - us or the children.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 100 children joined the party complete with its own entertainer Professor Palmermoff who led activities for the children.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 6 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 7 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 8 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder