Dean Cox signs new Leyton Orient contract
Leyton Orient transfer news: Dean Cox has put pen-to-paper on a three-and-a-half year deal
Leyton Orient have confirmed that winger Dean Cox has signed a new three-and-a-half year contract, taking him up to the end of the 2014/2015 season.
The 27-year-old has been with the O’s since joining from Brighton in 2010 and has scored 17 league goals in 66 appearances in League One.
“Very pleased to have signed a new deal this morning thank you for the messages,” Cox said on Twitter.
His manager Russell Slade was also delighted to have extended the winger’s contract.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re obviously delighted that Dean has put pen to paper on a new long-term contract with the club.
“It’s a terrific signing - he’s scored 19 goals and made 30 assists in just a season-and-a-half with us and that outlines what a positive contribution he has made.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 8 Councillor's year-long running challenge ends with £1.2k foodbank donation
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
“It was important to keep him at the club and we’re delighted that we can continue to build with him as a part of it.”
Orient have also offered deals to captain Stephen Dawson and George Porter but are yet to hear from the duo.