Dean Cox signs new Leyton Orient contract
Leyton Orient transfer news: Dean Cox has put pen-to-paper on a three-and-a-half year deal
Leyton Orient have confirmed that winger Dean Cox has signed a new three-and-a-half year contract, taking him up to the end of the 2014/2015 season.
The 27-year-old has been with the O’s since joining from Brighton in 2010 and has scored 17 league goals in 66 appearances in League One.
“Very pleased to have signed a new deal this morning thank you for the messages,” Cox said on Twitter.
His manager Russell Slade was also delighted to have extended the winger’s contract.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re obviously delighted that Dean has put pen to paper on a new long-term contract with the club.
“It’s a terrific signing - he’s scored 19 goals and made 30 assists in just a season-and-a-half with us and that outlines what a positive contribution he has made.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 8 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
“It was important to keep him at the club and we’re delighted that we can continue to build with him as a part of it.”
Orient have also offered deals to captain Stephen Dawson and George Porter but are yet to hear from the duo.