Darth Vader helps Hainault charity’s Christmas party go down a storm... trooper
- Credit: Archant
The Dream Factory has hosted its Christmas party – featuring a host of special guest appearances.
The Hainault charity, which helps children and young adults with life threatening conditions, arranged a fun-filled event for the children to enjoy on Sunday.
Around 80 young people who have been granted wishes by the charity, along with their siblings, attended the party.
They were entertained by special guests including Father Christmas, Marco the Clown and even Darth Vader and the storm troopers from Star Wars.
Founder Avril Mills said it was “the most fantastic day”.
You may also want to watch:
“I was nearly in tears watching all the children dancing and having so much fun,” she said,
“It really was so touching to see them all smiling and dancing and having a great time.”
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
Former boxing champion Colin McMillan, a patron of the charity, was also in attendance at the event, held at the restaurant in Woolston Hall, Abridge Road.
He said: “I am always delighted to support the dream factory and the party was fantastic.”
Scott Cooper, of Brentwood, was granted a wish by the charity and enjoyed meeting all the special guests at the event, which was held at Mooro’s restaurant in Chigwell.
“I had a great time and I am looking forward to the next party!” said Scott.
The food and drink on the day was donated to the charity from local companies including Krispy Kreme, who donated their trademark donuts for the guests to enjoy.
If you or your company would like to donate to The Dream Factory, or help in any way, call 020 8501 1234.