Daggers rally to pick up point at Rochdale as McIntyre sees red
League Two: Rochdale 2 Dagenham & Redbridge 2
A second half revival saw Dagenham & Redbridge came back from Lancashire with a point to show against 10-men Rochdale.
The game hinged on the decision of referee Dean Mohareb to send Kevin McIntyre off in the 61st minute after he pulled back Josh Scott who was through on goal.
Mohareb pointed to the spot and gave McIntyre a straight red, though it looked like Lillis was the culprit.
From then on Daggers dominated and maybe could have taken all three points from Spotland.
You may also want to watch:
After, a slow start, Dale soon got into the game as Ryan Edwards hit the underside of the bar from Jason Kennedy with 12 minutes on the clock.
The pressure continued to come and it was no surprise when they took the lead after 33 minutes.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
A throw-in on the left found its way into Dele Adebola and the veteran striker curled a lovely effort past Lewington.
And five minutes later they doubled their lead when Bobby Grant was allowed too much space on the edge of the area, and produced another curling effort into the bottom corner.
It looked like being a mountain for Daggers to climb, but after McIntyre saw red for the challenge on Scott in the box on the hour mark, there was renewed vigour in Still’s side.
Lillis went the wrong way and Spillane converted from the spot to give Daggers that much-needed lifeline.
Scott went agonisingly close as he ran on to Williams’ header to go one-on-one with Lillis but his shot went just wide of the target.
But with 67 minutes on the clock, the Victoria Road side were level.
Elito’s corner into the box was met by the head of Williams and it nestled into the back of the net for his first of the season.
Femi Ilesanmi shot over from just outside the box and substitute Dwight Gayle almost secured Daggers first win when he lobbed the onrushing Lillis, but it hit the underside of the post and was eventually cleared.
However, the hosts had a late chance to take all three points deep into stoppage time when a free-kick fell at the feet of Phil Edwards but he skied his effort over the bar.
Daggers: Lewington, Hoyte (Gayle 67), Wilkinson, Doe, Ilesanmi, Ogogo, Howell, Spillane, Scott (Danny J Green 78), Williams, Elito.
Unused substitutes: Dominic Green, Reed, Woodall, Bingham, Seabright.