Daggers kick-off pre-season with Saturday’s trip to Whitstable Town
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Daggers reserves go to Town
Dagenham & Redbridge kick off their pre-season campaign on Saturday (June 29) as they send a side to play non-league Whitstable Town at the Belmont Ground.
Wayne Burnett’s men will be looking to hit the ground running and kickstart pre-season, with a handful of trialists looking to impress.
They face a Whitstable Town side who recently completed their sixth season in Ryman League Division One South, finishing 17th in the table.
Founded in 1886 under the name Whitstable United, they eventually changed their name to Whitstable Town in the same year.
Their long history includes being crowned champions of the Kent Premier Division in 2006-07 and adding 23 pieces of silverware to their trophy cabinet in total.
The seaside town of Whitstable is famous for it’s oysters and gives the team their nickname ‘The Oystermen’.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 10 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
After losing star striker Ian Pulman for a second time, to Kent rivals Ramsgate, Whitstable lacked a dominant goalscorer last year and will be hoping new signing Carl Rook, a former Hornchurch striker, will be able to fill those boots.
Whitstable have brought in a handful of new players already this season and will no doubt be looking to give them game time during the friendly fixture.
The Daggers trip to the seaside looks to be the pick of the bunch for the Oystermen, as they expect to attract a respectable crowd for the game.
For any Daggers fans looking to make the trip, the Belmont Ground can be found in Belmont Road, Whitstable, Kent, CT5 1QP.
Detailed directions are available on the club’s website www.whitstabletownfc.co.uk.