Dagenham & Redbridge team news: Cureton back to boost attack
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Striker could earn recall as Daggers look for goals against Accrington
Jamie Cureton may start his first game for Dagenham & Redbridge in over a month against Accrington Stanley on Saturday as boss John Still looks to get his team firing.
The evergreen striker has not started since the 2-0 defeat at home to Barnet on February 13, although he has come off the bench in each of Daggers’ last two games.
Still’s men have scored just twice in their last six matches and with Cureton having scored almost 300 goals in a career spanning over 20 years, it seems there is not better man currently in the squad for finding the net.
If he is recalled, Cureton could be partnered in attack by Christian Doidge with the pair linking up well after being introduced during the second half at Oxford United on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
That could see Oliver Hawkins drop out of the side, while Matty Cash, who has been impressive since joining on loan, may move out to the left having occupied the flank during the second half against the U’s.
Elsewhere, it looks to be a case of as you were for Daggers with Liam O’Brien, Justin Hoyte, Joe Worrall, Dom Hyam, Joe Widdowson, Josh Passley, Joss Labadie and Ollie Muldoon all keeping their places.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
Frankie Raymond, Luke Guttridge and Matt Richards are all nearing a return to fitness and could be named among the substitutes, but there is still no time frame for the return of Zavon Hines (knee).
Probable XI: O’Brien; Hoyte, Worrall, Hyam, Widdowson; Passley, Labadie, Muldoon, Cash; Doidge, Cureton