Cyclist in critical condition after South Woodford crash
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist is in a critical condition in hospital after colliding with a car this morning.
The man, reported to be in his 50s, sustained serious head injuries from the incident at Charlie Brown’s Roundabout, South Woodford, which occurred at approximately 10.20am near the junction with Chigwell Road.
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of careless driving.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said they sent a single responder in a car and an ambulance crew to the scene, who took the man to the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel.
The incident comes after a 52-year-old cyclist was killed in a crash in Woodford Green on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
A candlelight vigil is due to take place at 6pm tonight outside Redbridge Town Hall. Residents hope to persuade the council to impose a borough-wide 20mph speed limit.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan