Cycle power and a head for heights at Goodmayes festival
Children scaled dizzying heights while singers entertained the masses during yesterday’s Our Community Festival.
The energetic day of fun at Goodmayes Recreational Ground, Barley Lane, Goodmayes was packed with activities.
Youngsters got to stroke animals, tackle a cycling circuit, get their faces painted and scale a climbing wall.
Stage performances came courtesy of Barley Boys, Jenni Rix and Wenn Stage Scoot, among others.
There were also a number of stalls including from Redbridge College, Seven Kings and Newbury Park Residents’ Association and the Ilford Recorder.
You may also want to watch:
The free community festival was put on to help celebrate the people, talents and businesses within Chadwell, Goodmayes and Seven Kings wards.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford