Cycle power and a head for heights at Goodmayes festival
Children scaled dizzying heights while singers entertained the masses during yesterday’s Our Community Festival.
The energetic day of fun at Goodmayes Recreational Ground, Barley Lane, Goodmayes was packed with activities.
Youngsters got to stroke animals, tackle a cycling circuit, get their faces painted and scale a climbing wall.
Stage performances came courtesy of Barley Boys, Jenni Rix and Wenn Stage Scoot, among others.
There were also a number of stalls including from Redbridge College, Seven Kings and Newbury Park Residents’ Association and the Ilford Recorder.
You may also want to watch:
The free community festival was put on to help celebrate the people, talents and businesses within Chadwell, Goodmayes and Seven Kings wards.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge