Cycle power and a head for heights at Goodmayes festival
Children scaled dizzying heights while singers entertained the masses during yesterday’s Our Community Festival.
The energetic day of fun at Goodmayes Recreational Ground, Barley Lane, Goodmayes was packed with activities.
Youngsters got to stroke animals, tackle a cycling circuit, get their faces painted and scale a climbing wall.
Stage performances came courtesy of Barley Boys, Jenni Rix and Wenn Stage Scoot, among others.
There were also a number of stalls including from Redbridge College, Seven Kings and Newbury Park Residents’ Association and the Ilford Recorder.
You may also want to watch:
The free community festival was put on to help celebrate the people, talents and businesses within Chadwell, Goodmayes and Seven Kings wards.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath