Custard on the menu in Redbridge for Children in Need
PACKETS of custard were poured on to a nursery worker, before she bathed in the sticky treat all day for Children in Need.
Nicola Toghill sat in a bath of custard at Kids Inc Nursery, in York Road, Ilford, from 7.40am until 6pm, raising �385.50 for the charity.
“At first it felt really heavy, but I got used to it,” she said. “When I came out, I had awful cramp!” Nicola did not go to the toilet all day, but was cheered up as she sat with an umbrella in the bath, by kind people at a nearby coffee shop who bought her hot chocolate, and friends who gave her sausage rolls.
“Many of the children were sitting up at the window watching me, and couldn’t understand the next day why I wasn’t in the bath anymore!
“It was a really cold day, but I didn’t feel it too badly in the bath.” Nicola added her day-long experience had not put her off.
You may also want to watch:
“I would do it again, without a doubt!”
- 1 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 2 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 3 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 4 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 5 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 6 Hainault woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 New entrance opened at Ilford Station to support Elizabeth line
- 9 Fire at block of maisonettes in Wanstead
- 10 Redbridge school's staff to strike over Covid working dispute