Custard on the menu in Redbridge for Children in Need
PACKETS of custard were poured on to a nursery worker, before she bathed in the sticky treat all day for Children in Need.
Nicola Toghill sat in a bath of custard at Kids Inc Nursery, in York Road, Ilford, from 7.40am until 6pm, raising �385.50 for the charity.
“At first it felt really heavy, but I got used to it,” she said. “When I came out, I had awful cramp!” Nicola did not go to the toilet all day, but was cheered up as she sat with an umbrella in the bath, by kind people at a nearby coffee shop who bought her hot chocolate, and friends who gave her sausage rolls.
“Many of the children were sitting up at the window watching me, and couldn’t understand the next day why I wasn’t in the bath anymore!
“It was a really cold day, but I didn’t feel it too badly in the bath.” Nicola added her day-long experience had not put her off.
You may also want to watch:
“I would do it again, without a doubt!”
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims