Custard on the menu in Redbridge for Children in Need
PACKETS of custard were poured on to a nursery worker, before she bathed in the sticky treat all day for Children in Need.
Nicola Toghill sat in a bath of custard at Kids Inc Nursery, in York Road, Ilford, from 7.40am until 6pm, raising �385.50 for the charity.
“At first it felt really heavy, but I got used to it,” she said. “When I came out, I had awful cramp!” Nicola did not go to the toilet all day, but was cheered up as she sat with an umbrella in the bath, by kind people at a nearby coffee shop who bought her hot chocolate, and friends who gave her sausage rolls.
“Many of the children were sitting up at the window watching me, and couldn’t understand the next day why I wasn’t in the bath anymore!
“It was a really cold day, but I didn’t feel it too badly in the bath.” Nicola added her day-long experience had not put her off.
You may also want to watch:
“I would do it again, without a doubt!”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off