Crossrail fares will be in line with TfL’s tube pricing, says mayor of London
- Credit: TfL
All customer service and travel information on the line will be integrated with TfL’s other services, with daily fare capping for Oyster and contactless applying.
The line is due to open in central London in December this year.
Mr Khan said: “The opening of the Elizabeth line this year will transform travel across London with new state-of-the-art trains transporting millions of people more quickly around the capital.”
Current tube prices range from £2.40 for a journey between zones one and two to £5.10 for a journey between zones one and six.
The service to Heathrow Connect service will also be transferred to TfL meaning passengers will be able to travel all the way to the airport using either Oyster or contactless cards.
All concessions which offer free or discounted travel, including the Zip Card, 60+ photocards and Veterans Concessionary Travel, will be valid on the Elizabeth line.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 4 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 7 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 10 Waiting almost over as business award winners to be revealed