Woodford Green pervert jailed after meeting undercover officer he thought was 12-year-old girl
- Credit: Archant
A man who tried to purchase a 12-year-old girl with crystal meth intending to rape and torture her has been jailed for nine years today (Friday, March 23).
Aaron St Omer, 32, of Woodford Green, told an undercover police officer he wanted to rape and torture underage girls on an encrypted messaging site in August last year.
He then met up with the officer at The Masque Haunt Wetherspoon pub in Old Street to make good on the deal.
At Snaresbrook Crown Court, he was handed a nine year prison sentence for arranging or facilitating commission of a child sex offence alongside a number of drugs possession charges and having an offensive weapon.
His sentence also includes an extended licence period of four years.
You may also want to watch:
Police were alerted to St Omer after a Wickr website user raised the alarm about a member that went under the name twistedtaboo85 on the popular encrypted messaging site.
During a phone call with the undercover officer before their meeting, St Omer admitted having a sexual interest in underage girls and said that he wanted to sexually assault them. He also asked the officer if he could get girls that he could burn with a cigarette.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
St Omer was arrested as he sat with the undercover officer at around 11am on August 10, 2017. He was found to be carrying lubricant, drugs and some sex toys.
Karen Phillips, from the CPS, said: “St Omer had fantasies about torturing and sexually abusing young girls. The prosecution was able to prove that he had gone equipped to do carry his fantasies out, clearly believing that bartering drugs to hurt young girls was a suitable trade-off.
“This investigation and prosecution was only possible thanks to the website user who reported St Omer and therefore I would like to encourage members of the public who may have similar concerns about children being abused or tortured to take action and call the police.
“St Omer will now spend time in prison where he will no longer be a threat to children. The CPS takes abuse against young people extremely seriously and will continue to prosecute cases where there is evidence to do so.”
St Omer was also given a sexual harm prevention order.