Woodford Green dad after double burglary: We don’t feel safe anymore
- Credit: Archant
A victim has spoken of his terrified family’s ordeal following a double burglary on Friday night.
Zaheer Durrani, of St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, who lives in one of two houses broken into, says his nine-year-old daughter has refused to sleep alone since the incident.
“I live in my house with my wife, my dad and two children – we don’t feel safe anymore,” said Zaheer, who left the house at 8pm for a family dinner to return home at 10pm to find the front door open and home ransacked.
He said: “The thought that someone went through our personal belongings in our bedroom is very upsetting – our bedroom was totally trashed.”
About £3,000 worth of his wife’s gold and £250 in cash was taken.
You may also want to watch:
Police confirmed both properties were unoccupied at the time of the burglaries.
Anyone with information can call police on 020 8345 1624, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 5 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 Council leader urges government to fund flood prevention measures
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.