Woodford Green dad after double burglary: We don’t feel safe anymore
- Credit: Archant
A victim has spoken of his terrified family’s ordeal following a double burglary on Friday night.
Zaheer Durrani, of St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, who lives in one of two houses broken into, says his nine-year-old daughter has refused to sleep alone since the incident.
“I live in my house with my wife, my dad and two children – we don’t feel safe anymore,” said Zaheer, who left the house at 8pm for a family dinner to return home at 10pm to find the front door open and home ransacked.
He said: “The thought that someone went through our personal belongings in our bedroom is very upsetting – our bedroom was totally trashed.”
About £3,000 worth of his wife’s gold and £250 in cash was taken.
You may also want to watch:
Police confirmed both properties were unoccupied at the time of the burglaries.
Anyone with information can call police on 020 8345 1624, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 10 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.