Woodford Green dad after double burglary: We don’t feel safe anymore
- Credit: Archant
A victim has spoken of his terrified family’s ordeal following a double burglary on Friday night.
Zaheer Durrani, of St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, who lives in one of two houses broken into, says his nine-year-old daughter has refused to sleep alone since the incident.
“I live in my house with my wife, my dad and two children – we don’t feel safe anymore,” said Zaheer, who left the house at 8pm for a family dinner to return home at 10pm to find the front door open and home ransacked.
He said: “The thought that someone went through our personal belongings in our bedroom is very upsetting – our bedroom was totally trashed.”
About £3,000 worth of his wife’s gold and £250 in cash was taken.
You may also want to watch:
Police confirmed both properties were unoccupied at the time of the burglaries.
Anyone with information can call police on 020 8345 1624, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.