Woodford Green dad after double burglary: We don’t feel safe anymore
- Credit: Archant
A victim has spoken of his terrified family’s ordeal following a double burglary on Friday night.
Zaheer Durrani, of St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, who lives in one of two houses broken into, says his nine-year-old daughter has refused to sleep alone since the incident.
“I live in my house with my wife, my dad and two children – we don’t feel safe anymore,” said Zaheer, who left the house at 8pm for a family dinner to return home at 10pm to find the front door open and home ransacked.
He said: “The thought that someone went through our personal belongings in our bedroom is very upsetting – our bedroom was totally trashed.”
About £3,000 worth of his wife’s gold and £250 in cash was taken.
Police confirmed both properties were unoccupied at the time of the burglaries.
Anyone with information can call police on 020 8345 1624, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Commission ends safeguarding probe into charity
- 4 Lightbulb likely cause of Khartoum Road house fire
- 5 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 6 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 7 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Met investigates cause of Mossford Green cemetery blaze
- 9 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 10 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.