Woodford Green 14-year-old jailed for more than four years for stabbing fellow teen outside Woodford Tube Station
- Credit: Archant
A 14-year-old boy from Woodford Green has been jailed for four and a half years after admitting to stabbing a fellow teenager outside Woodford Underground Station.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty to GBH and was sentenced at The Old Bailey on Friday, September 14.
On March 15 this year, police officers were called at 17:29pm to reports of a stabbing outside Woodford Underground Station in Snakes Lane East.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and found an 18-year-old man suffering stab injuries.
He was taken to an east London hospital for treatment to stab injuries to the abdomen.
You may also want to watch:
He has since been discharged from hospital.
Detectives from East Area CID investigated. A 14-year-old boy was charged on 24 March. He pleaded guilty to GBH at the Old Bailey on 14 September.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
Four other male suspects were arrested. All had charges against them discontinued at court.