Woodford Green 14-year-old jailed for more than four years for stabbing fellow teen outside Woodford Tube Station
- Credit: Archant
A 14-year-old boy from Woodford Green has been jailed for four and a half years after admitting to stabbing a fellow teenager outside Woodford Underground Station.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty to GBH and was sentenced at The Old Bailey on Friday, September 14.
On March 15 this year, police officers were called at 17:29pm to reports of a stabbing outside Woodford Underground Station in Snakes Lane East.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and found an 18-year-old man suffering stab injuries.
He was taken to an east London hospital for treatment to stab injuries to the abdomen.
You may also want to watch:
He has since been discharged from hospital.
Detectives from East Area CID investigated. A 14-year-old boy was charged on 24 March. He pleaded guilty to GBH at the Old Bailey on 14 September.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 10 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
Four other male suspects were arrested. All had charges against them discontinued at court.