Woodford and Wanstead Festivals win council funding
- Credit: Archant
Funding for several leading festivals has been secured for 2015.
A health and wellbeing service committee meeting at Redbridge Council agreed this week to release £10,000 for Wanstead Festival, which was attended by more than 5,000 people last year.
Barley Lane’s Our Community Festival and Fairlop Fair also received £10,000 as part of a total of £65,000 added to Vision-Redbridge Culture and Leisure’s management fee.
The organisation, commonly known as “Vision”, coordinate services on behalf of the council.
Cllr Wes Streeting, a cabinet member for health and wellbeing, said: “We do think that these events have enormous community benefits.
You may also want to watch:
“It is not the big set piece events on the day that costs but all the work that underpins it.”
Woodford Festival also received £6,000 of funding.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 7 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 8 Former councillor jailed for electoral fraud said he wanted to help people
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays