Woodford and Wanstead Festivals win council funding
- Credit: Archant
Funding for several leading festivals has been secured for 2015.
A health and wellbeing service committee meeting at Redbridge Council agreed this week to release £10,000 for Wanstead Festival, which was attended by more than 5,000 people last year.
Barley Lane’s Our Community Festival and Fairlop Fair also received £10,000 as part of a total of £65,000 added to Vision-Redbridge Culture and Leisure’s management fee.
The organisation, commonly known as “Vision”, coordinate services on behalf of the council.
Cllr Wes Streeting, a cabinet member for health and wellbeing, said: “We do think that these events have enormous community benefits.
You may also want to watch:
“It is not the big set piece events on the day that costs but all the work that underpins it.”
Woodford Festival also received £6,000 of funding.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha