Woodford and Wanstead Festivals win council funding
- Credit: Archant
Funding for several leading festivals has been secured for 2015.
A health and wellbeing service committee meeting at Redbridge Council agreed this week to release £10,000 for Wanstead Festival, which was attended by more than 5,000 people last year.
Barley Lane’s Our Community Festival and Fairlop Fair also received £10,000 as part of a total of £65,000 added to Vision-Redbridge Culture and Leisure’s management fee.
The organisation, commonly known as “Vision”, coordinate services on behalf of the council.
Cllr Wes Streeting, a cabinet member for health and wellbeing, said: “We do think that these events have enormous community benefits.
You may also want to watch:
“It is not the big set piece events on the day that costs but all the work that underpins it.”
Woodford Festival also received £6,000 of funding.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones