Woman taken to hospital after three car pile-up outside Newbury Park tube station
A 59-year-old woman was taken to hospital with neck and back pain after a three car pile-up this morning outside Newbury Park station.
Firefighters and ambulance crews were called to the incident in King George Avenue, Newbury Park just after 8am this morning.
A spokesman for London Ambulance said they sent two ambulances to the scene and their staff treated three patients.
A 59-year-old woman was taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford as a priority.
The other two were checked over at the scene but did not need to go to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters said they cut the roof off a car to free the woman.
The incident caused heavy traffic on Eastern Avenue with tailbacks reported to Gants Hill roundabout.
- 1 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 2 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 8 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 9 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 10 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
Did you see what happened? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @ilfordrecorder.