Woman taken to hospital after being hit by tow truck in Ilford Hill
A woman was taken to hospital this afternoon after she was hit by a flat bed tow truck in Ilford Hill, Ilford.
The extent of her injuries were not known by police officers on the scene at 7.25pm and they were still investigating what had happened.
The collision occurred at around 5.25pm.
Two lanes of Ilford Hill were closed at 7.25pm up to the junction with Cranbrook Road and Sgt Chris Rodden estimated they would remain closed for up to an hour and a half from that point.
The closure of the two lanes appeared to have caused long tailbacks for traffic travelling into Ilford along Romford Road.
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service was not available to provide further details.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August