Woman taken to hospital after being hit by tow truck in Ilford Hill
A woman was taken to hospital this afternoon after she was hit by a flat bed tow truck in Ilford Hill, Ilford.
The extent of her injuries were not known by police officers on the scene at 7.25pm and they were still investigating what had happened.
The collision occurred at around 5.25pm.
Two lanes of Ilford Hill were closed at 7.25pm up to the junction with Cranbrook Road and Sgt Chris Rodden estimated they would remain closed for up to an hour and a half from that point.
The closure of the two lanes appeared to have caused long tailbacks for traffic travelling into Ilford along Romford Road.
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service was not available to provide further details.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'