Woman taken to hospital after being hit by tow truck in Ilford Hill
A woman was taken to hospital this afternoon after she was hit by a flat bed tow truck in Ilford Hill, Ilford.
The extent of her injuries were not known by police officers on the scene at 7.25pm and they were still investigating what had happened.
The collision occurred at around 5.25pm.
Two lanes of Ilford Hill were closed at 7.25pm up to the junction with Cranbrook Road and Sgt Chris Rodden estimated they would remain closed for up to an hour and a half from that point.
The closure of the two lanes appeared to have caused long tailbacks for traffic travelling into Ilford along Romford Road.
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service was not available to provide further details.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients