Woman taken to hospital after being hit by tow truck in Ilford Hill
A woman was taken to hospital this afternoon after she was hit by a flat bed tow truck in Ilford Hill, Ilford.
The extent of her injuries were not known by police officers on the scene at 7.25pm and they were still investigating what had happened.
The collision occurred at around 5.25pm.
Two lanes of Ilford Hill were closed at 7.25pm up to the junction with Cranbrook Road and Sgt Chris Rodden estimated they would remain closed for up to an hour and a half from that point.
The closure of the two lanes appeared to have caused long tailbacks for traffic travelling into Ilford along Romford Road.
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service was not available to provide further details.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap