Woman stabbed to death in Valentines Road, Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A woman was stabbed to death in an Ilford street last night - 90 minutes before a man who later died was found collapsed in a nearby road.
Police, who said the pair were not related but knew each other, are investigating murder following the death of the woman, thought to be in her 20s.
She was stabbed multiple times in Valentines Road, where police were called at about 5.30pm on Friday evening, Scotland Yard said.
Paramedics also attended and the victim was rushed to hospital but pronounced dead on arrival.
Around 7pm, police were called to nearby Auckland Road to reports of a man, also in his 20s, collapsed in the street.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to an east London hospital but pronounced dead on the way, police said - before adding that his death was not being treated as suspicious.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Officers believe they know the identity of both the deceased but await formal identification and confirmation that all next of kin have been informed.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 5 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 9 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
“The man and the woman are both believed to be aged in their 20s. They were not related, but were known to each other.
“Post-mortem examinations will be held in due course.
“Both deaths are being investigated by officers from the Homicide & Major Crime Command based at Barking.
“The death of the woman, who had suffered multiple stab wounds, is being treated as murder.
“At this early stage, there is no evidence to suggest that the death of the man is suspicious.
“Enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances.”
Anyone with any information can contact the police incident room on 020 345 1570 or call Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.