Woman knifed in Ilford Lane was part of initiative to tackle prostitution
- Credit: Archant
A woman slashed with a knife in a late-night attack in Ilford Lane was working as part of an initiative to tackle on-street prostitution.
The attack, which happened last night at 10.45pm, took place yards from where pregnant prostitute Mariana Popa was brutally stabbed to death in October last year.
The force said a man was tasered by police following reports a 45-year-old woman had been injured.
She was taken to a hospital after suffering injuries to her head and back, but they were not thought to be life-threatening.
Yesterday police said the victim was in the area as part of a joint initiative to support sex workers involving police, Redbridge Council and charities.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to Tuesday night’s incident should call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
n A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and was in custody at an east London police station.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 10 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash