Woman knifed in Ilford Lane was part of initiative to tackle prostitution
- Credit: Archant
A woman slashed with a knife in a late-night attack in Ilford Lane was working as part of an initiative to tackle on-street prostitution.
The attack, which happened last night at 10.45pm, took place yards from where pregnant prostitute Mariana Popa was brutally stabbed to death in October last year.
The force said a man was tasered by police following reports a 45-year-old woman had been injured.
She was taken to a hospital after suffering injuries to her head and back, but they were not thought to be life-threatening.
Yesterday police said the victim was in the area as part of a joint initiative to support sex workers involving police, Redbridge Council and charities.
Any witnesses to Tuesday night’s incident should call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
n A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and was in custody at an east London police station.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 3 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 4 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 5 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 6 Young Citizen: Teen nominated after revealing Covid fight to inspire jabs
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Senior councillor: Boost high streets by scrapping business rates
- 9 Burial and cremation fees rise at City of London Cemetery and Crematorium
- 10 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court