Woman knifed in Ilford Lane was part of initiative to tackle prostitution
- Credit: Archant
A woman slashed with a knife in a late-night attack in Ilford Lane was working as part of an initiative to tackle on-street prostitution.
The attack, which happened last night at 10.45pm, took place yards from where pregnant prostitute Mariana Popa was brutally stabbed to death in October last year.
The force said a man was tasered by police following reports a 45-year-old woman had been injured.
She was taken to a hospital after suffering injuries to her head and back, but they were not thought to be life-threatening.
Yesterday police said the victim was in the area as part of a joint initiative to support sex workers involving police, Redbridge Council and charities.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to Tuesday night’s incident should call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
n A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and was in custody at an east London police station.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 3 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 4 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 5 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 6 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 7 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 8 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 9 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence