Woman knifed in Ilford Lane was part of initiative to tackle prostitution
- Credit: Archant
A woman slashed with a knife in a late-night attack in Ilford Lane was working as part of an initiative to tackle on-street prostitution.
The attack, which happened last night at 10.45pm, took place yards from where pregnant prostitute Mariana Popa was brutally stabbed to death in October last year.
The force said a man was tasered by police following reports a 45-year-old woman had been injured.
She was taken to a hospital after suffering injuries to her head and back, but they were not thought to be life-threatening.
Yesterday police said the victim was in the area as part of a joint initiative to support sex workers involving police, Redbridge Council and charities.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to Tuesday night’s incident should call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
n A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and was in custody at an east London police station.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 6 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 10 Have you seen Casey, 16, missing from Ilford?