Woman fighting for her life after being stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A woman is fighting for her life after being found with stab wounds in Chadwell Heath.
Police were called to the High Road at about 8.20pm last night (Sunday), near the junction of Lee Avenue and Mill Lane.
They’d been called to reports of an argument between a man and woman at a residential property.
They found a woman, thought to be in her 30s, in the street with a number of stab wounds.
She was treated by paramedics and taken to an east London hospital. Her injuries are believed to be life-threatening, and her condition is critical but stable.
You may also want to watch:
A Met Police spokesman said: “A man, in his 30s, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of attempted murder. He has been taken into custody at an east London police station.”
On Twitter, Barking and Dagenham MPS said a crime scene had been put in place outside New Enterprise House in Mill Lane.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 4 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 5 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 6 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 7 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences