Woman fighting for her life after being stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A woman is fighting for her life after being found with stab wounds in Chadwell Heath.
Police were called to the High Road at about 8.20pm last night (Sunday), near the junction of Lee Avenue and Mill Lane.
They’d been called to reports of an argument between a man and woman at a residential property.
They found a woman, thought to be in her 30s, in the street with a number of stab wounds.
She was treated by paramedics and taken to an east London hospital. Her injuries are believed to be life-threatening, and her condition is critical but stable.
You may also want to watch:
A Met Police spokesman said: “A man, in his 30s, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of attempted murder. He has been taken into custody at an east London police station.”
On Twitter, Barking and Dagenham MPS said a crime scene had been put in place outside New Enterprise House in Mill Lane.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms