Woman fighting for her life after being stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A woman is fighting for her life after being found with stab wounds in Chadwell Heath.
Police were called to the High Road at about 8.20pm last night (Sunday), near the junction of Lee Avenue and Mill Lane.
They’d been called to reports of an argument between a man and woman at a residential property.
They found a woman, thought to be in her 30s, in the street with a number of stab wounds.
She was treated by paramedics and taken to an east London hospital. Her injuries are believed to be life-threatening, and her condition is critical but stable.
A Met Police spokesman said: “A man, in his 30s, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of attempted murder. He has been taken into custody at an east London police station.”
On Twitter, Barking and Dagenham MPS said a crime scene had been put in place outside New Enterprise House in Mill Lane.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 3 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
- 7 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 8 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 9 Two more men charged with murder after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 10 Trust admits 'still more to do' despite diagnostic imaging improvements