Woman arrested on suspicion of murder of girl found dead in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of an eight-year-old girl found dead in Chadwell Heath yesterday
The 34-year-old woman is currently being held in custody after being treated for minor injuries at Queen’s Hospital.
No charges have been brought as police continue their investigation.
Ambulances were called shortly after 11.30am to Bedwell Court, in Broomfield Road, to reports of an injured child on Thursday but the girl was dead at the scene.
A police spokesman said: “On arrival, officers discovered the body of an eight-year-old girl.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe it was a domestic incident. Detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death.”
The Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command is investigating the death, which is being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
The little girl has not been formally identified and the cause of death will be established at a post mortem.
Call 101 with information or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.