Woman arrested on suspicion of murder of girl found dead in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of an eight-year-old girl found dead in Chadwell Heath yesterday
The 34-year-old woman is currently being held in custody after being treated for minor injuries at Queen’s Hospital.
No charges have been brought as police continue their investigation.
Ambulances were called shortly after 11.30am to Bedwell Court, in Broomfield Road, to reports of an injured child on Thursday but the girl was dead at the scene.
A police spokesman said: “On arrival, officers discovered the body of an eight-year-old girl.
“We believe it was a domestic incident. Detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death.”
The Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command is investigating the death, which is being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 2 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 3 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 4 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 5 Community opposition to Hainault bank closure
- 6 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 9 Young children in east London to be offered polio booster jabs
- 10 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
The little girl has not been formally identified and the cause of death will be established at a post mortem.
Call 101 with information or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.