Woman arrested on suspicion of murder of girl found dead in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of an eight-year-old girl found dead in Chadwell Heath yesterday
The 34-year-old woman is currently being held in custody after being treated for minor injuries at Queen’s Hospital.
No charges have been brought as police continue their investigation.
Ambulances were called shortly after 11.30am to Bedwell Court, in Broomfield Road, to reports of an injured child on Thursday but the girl was dead at the scene.
A police spokesman said: “On arrival, officers discovered the body of an eight-year-old girl.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe it was a domestic incident. Detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death.”
The Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command is investigating the death, which is being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
The little girl has not been formally identified and the cause of death will be established at a post mortem.
Call 101 with information or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.