Woman arrested on suspicion of murder of girl found dead in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of an eight-year-old girl found dead in Chadwell Heath yesterday
The 34-year-old woman is currently being held in custody after being treated for minor injuries at Queen’s Hospital.
No charges have been brought as police continue their investigation.
Ambulances were called shortly after 11.30am to Bedwell Court, in Broomfield Road, to reports of an injured child on Thursday but the girl was dead at the scene.
A police spokesman said: “On arrival, officers discovered the body of an eight-year-old girl.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe it was a domestic incident. Detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death.”
The Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command is investigating the death, which is being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
The little girl has not been formally identified and the cause of death will be established at a post mortem.
Call 101 with information or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.