Woman arrested on suspicion of murder of girl found dead in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of an eight-year-old girl found dead in Chadwell Heath yesterday
The 34-year-old woman is currently being held in custody after being treated for minor injuries at Queen’s Hospital.
No charges have been brought as police continue their investigation.
Ambulances were called shortly after 11.30am to Bedwell Court, in Broomfield Road, to reports of an injured child on Thursday but the girl was dead at the scene.
A police spokesman said: “On arrival, officers discovered the body of an eight-year-old girl.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe it was a domestic incident. Detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death.”
The Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command is investigating the death, which is being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 5 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 8 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 Man charged with Ilford robbery
The little girl has not been formally identified and the cause of death will be established at a post mortem.
Call 101 with information or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.