Do you feel alone? Tell Redbridge Council how it can tackle isolation
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Do you feel lonely in Redbridge?
Would you like to meet more friends, or leave the house more regularly?
Redbridge Council has launched a consultation to find out how many people in the borough feel isolated and alone.
Aimed at those aged 65 and over, the short online survey poses questions such as "how often do you feel that you lack companionship?" and "how often do you feel left out?".
Respondents then select one of four multiple-choice answers ranging from never to always.
You may also want to watch:
A Redbridge Council spokesman said: "This short survey aims to get a better understanding of the views of people aged 65 and over who live in Redbridge.
"We want to find out how many older people may have experienced feeling lonely and isolated and how they think this can be improved.
- 1 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 3 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 4 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 5 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 6 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Crunch meeting fails to provide breakthrough in school sick pay dispute
- 9 Six males detained after alleged brawl in Gants Hill
- 10 Teen stabbed in Chadwell Heath
"We will then use this information to make recommendations to tackle loneliness and isolation amongst older people in Redbridge."
The survey is completely anonymous and support services to combat isolation are detailed at the end of the survey.
Participants have until September 16 to complete the questionnaire.